Sunday, February 21, 2010

This Is Really Happening

Well the final countdown to Moldova has begun. Today it officially clicked that I'm moving to another country. If my math is right then i'm leaving in 105 days. My flights have been reserved and i'll be taking off from Midland on June 6th at 11:25. After a 2 hour layover in Dallas, a 9 1/2 hour flight to Germany, a 8 hour layover in Germany, and a 3 hour flight to Moldova, i'll finally be there! It feels so surreal to have an actual itinerary. Plans and preparations are falling into place, and I feel God's hands in every detail of it.
As soon as I arrive i'll be taken to a camp for the leaders of the church. I'm so excited for this time to reunite with the friends I made last summer, and meet some new ones that i'll be working with this coming summer.
The anticipation of leaving is growing and I am so ready to start this new chapter of my life. I don't know what this year will lead to, but I do know that it will be great things. God has already lead my life to amazing places, and I know he's not done yet. Everyday I find something new to thank God for. I have been blessed with so many people in my life who have been with me through the thick in the thin. These same people are the ones who have been supporting me the most through my Moldova adventure. I have an amazing family and close friends who understand the passion God has put on my heart for the country of Moldova. My purpose in traveling and living in a foreign country right out of high school is to help. To use the skills and qualities God has blessed me with to help others and glorify God.
I can't wait to share my experiences as an inspiration to others of how God can use you.

much love and God bless,
Bethany

"Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment