Sunday, September 19, 2010

I know what you're thinking...

So Moldova has changed me in many ways, but one habit I have not gotten rid of is procrastination....
I feel like I say that I'm sorry a lot, but I really am, and I know that my mom is tired of telling me I need to post another blog.
So we went on our vacation and it was absolutely amazing. We were able to see so much in just 10 days. We started in Rome and ended in Munich. I'm still thanking God for giving us the opportunity to travel and relax.
Once we got back to Moldova it was time for the last camp, except this time we were the campers. All the seminary students went to the camp and spent 4 days there getting to know each other and the rules and expectations of seminary. It was really cool to get to meet who I will be studying with this year.
We then came back and seminary started the following Monday (2 weeks ago). Our first class was Hermeneutics, which is a 6 week class, and this was the 1st of 3 sections. The class is taught with the book "Applying and Understanding the Bible". All the classes are taught in English, so the 3 Americans are currently very thankful for our native language. Just 2 weeks of this class has taught me a lot that I wasn't expecting. It was a lot of work, but very rewarding. We learned how to do word studies, mechanical layouts, and different approaches to scripture that are wrong and how to recognize them. Our next class is going to be taught by an American professor who arrived here tonight from Georgia. The class will be over Ephesians, which I am very excited about. I can tell that God is going to teach me a lot through these classes. My original intent of coming to Moldova wasn't to be a student, but God is definitely going to use this experience in my life I know. Even though the schedule and work load reminds me a little too much of high school, I'm very excited and actually motivated to learn this stuff. I'm very blessed to have this opportunity.
Other than seminary we are staying very busy in ministry at KBC. I'm still taking pictures at the kids and youth meetings, and helping out with the youth. One relationship that I'm very excited about, is with a girl named Hellen. She went to youth camp last year as an unbeliever, and returned this year unaware of the change she was about to make in her life. Many people talked to her throughout the week, and before it was over she gave her life to Christ. I just remember her saying to me one night that she can't ignore this calling anymore, she can't keep running from God. She is from an orthodox family, where traditions run very deep. It has been so cool and encouraging to see the change in her. You can see God shining through her face now. God has put a special place in my heart for her, and we have been communicating every day. It is so humbling to see God's fruit. This is the reason I am here. Hellen is only 1 year younger than me, and I am honored to now call her my Sister in Christ.
God is moving here in Moldova. It may be through a bag of food, a visit to the elderly, some donated clothes, a text message, a smile on the street, a high five, a hug, a picture, or any other funny or small thing that God uses. He is alive, and he is moving.
It's been over 3 months that I have been 3 months that I have been here, and I still love it. There has been challenging moments, and times when I've missed familiar surroundings and people, but I still know without a doubt that this is where God wants me right now. I haven't ever experienced this feeling in my heart before. God is great.
Just a few prayer requests:
-My studies at seminary
-Finances
-Health
-Hellen and her new relationship with God
-My chapel that I am leading this Tuesday
-A permanent home for KBC
-Relationships
-language barrier
-rest

Thank you all so much for who you are, and the blessing that you are.
Much love and God Bless,
Bethany

"May we experience your faithfulness, O Lord, for we wait for you." Psalms 33:22

No comments:

Post a Comment