Sunday, October 24, 2010

21 weeks

I'm blessed to get to come home and visit for a few weeks in December and I've been thinking about what I will tell people when they ask me how everything in Moldova is.
It's a challenge. It's hard to live so far away from home. It's hard to live in a completely different culture. It's hard to not understand the native language. It's hard to do this.
But I don't think God's work is meant to be easy. So it's right.
I've been working with a ministry that is making a difference in this country. A difference to people who some haven't known anything else than a father who isn't around or is a drunk and mother who works her hardest to feed her family. A difference to youth who have been raised surrounded by the traditions of the orthodox church. A difference to someone who has never owned their own Bible.
There is a difference being made here, and to be involved in it is truly and God given honor. Yes it is hard at times, but when I look back at those hard days I'm thankful for them, because that is when growth takes place. I'm where I am in life because of the growth I have experienced during the trials in my life.
God amazes me every day.
I started a new class at the seminary this past week over Genesis through Deuteronomy. This is the beginning of the word of God, the beginning of God's Creation. This is where it all started! And to be able to study it has been a true blessing. I have one more week of this class and then the entire seminary has a fall break for 2 weeks. Please keep all the students in your prayers, that they would be able to understand all the material (since english is not their first language) and that the Lord would penetrate their minds with knowledge and wisdom.
Other than class I stay busy with taking pictures at basketball on Thursdays and at the meetings on Saturdays, teaching english to kids on Saturdays, and meeting with Hellen and other girls during the week.
Some challenges are to come, but I still know without a doubt that I am where I am supposed to be. I am following the will of God.
Big thanks to all of you for your love and support.
More next time
God Bless,
Bethany

O and by the way thought I would share that I have mastered the art of ordering cheese and meat over the counter at the store! One of my earlier posts was a story about my attempts of ordering cheese, but I think I have made friends with the girl at the store by our apartment, and we make it happen. Just thought I would share that fact that I am proud of, because there are a lot more options that way trust me! Much love


"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."- Genesis 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment