Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dear Moldova, you are already becoming my new home







Now although Midland will always be my first home, I will gladly claim Moldova as my second. I have been here a little over a week now and I already feel God moving significantly in my life.
We have been pretty busy with different things, but mainly our Russian studies. Us 3 Americanos have been going to the seminary every morning this week for Russian lessons with our friend Allina. Although I have gotten really frustrated with the language I have made some progress with it. The biggest help so far has been when Allina has us read scripture in Russian out loud. The first day we read John chapter 15. That same day before I went to bed I read John chapters 14-17 as a challenge from a friend and I realized that chapter 15 was the same. I had read this in Russian just the same morning and didn't know what it meant, and struggled to even pronounce the words, and yet I still knew that it was the same chapter. It just showed me that God's word is the same no matter what. It doesn't matter what country you're in or what language is being spoken, God's word always stays true and faithful. This was a pretty cool realization that I know will carry on to the rest of my stay here.
So far my expectations have been exceeded. I have already been able to build some pretty great relationships here. 2 very important ones being with my roommates Angelica and Claudette. We are able to laugh and joke around, but also get serious and do what we need to. We have been doing roomie prayer before we go to bed at night and it has been a huge blessing so far. I've strived to make prayer a bigger part of my life, since none of this would be possible without prayer. I have also began to build upon past relationships started last year and begin new ones as well. I love the people here, and I feel like if you can just break the ice with someone and get through that first awkward meeting then they are the nicest people ever. This whole week we have been able to enjoy some great fellowship with our pastors from the church. This has been such a great time to just enjoy each others company outside of the church and stress of the busy schedule. Needless to say that this has been an amazing week, and I feel like each day gets better, which is a very good thing!
We are preparing for camp, we are going on Saturday to help clean everything up and get it ready for the 50 kids who will be arriving on Monday. There were only 25 kids last year, so the number doubled! I'm so excited for the camp since it's like the first big event of the summer schedule.
Well I will post one last time before I leave on Saturday, but until then hope you like the pics!
Much love and God Bless,
Bets
"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

"В твердой увенности, что Начавший в вас доброе дело завершит его ко дню Христа Иисуса." Филиппийцам 1:6


1 comment:

  1. Bethany, this is so awesome! So incredible to read, know that I'm praying of and thinking of you. I know God will continue to do amazing things and look forward to seeing just a small glimpe of everything wonderful that you will be experiencing

    ReplyDelete