Sunday, June 20, 2010

You Hold Me and Never Let Go

First off Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers out there, even though it's Monday here, but hey in America it's still Sunday. I thank God so much for my Father and for the way he has provided for my family. Not only did I always have anything I ever wanted or needed, but my Father raised me into a Christian home that I will forever be thankful for. He has raised me to love the Father Above. Although this has been something that has been a struggle in the past, as my love for the Lord grows now I'm so thankful for the all the truths my Father has taught me. So thanks Dad.
This has been an absolutely amazing week, filled with moments that I will always hold in my heart. New relationships have formed, and old ones continue to grow. The longer I'm in Moldova the more I realize how much God truly does have in store for me. I wouldn't be surprised if this year leads me into pursuing full time ministry. But we'll see what the Lord has in store for me.
I know my last post says we were leaving for the camp on Saturday, but we're not leaving until tomorrow now (Monday). We will be arriving with the kids on the bus, and I am so excited to get to meet them and get to know them. My specific job for the camp is to take pictures that tell stories, and then writing the stories that go with the pictures. I'm so excited to have this job because I will be able to use 2 of the skills God has blessed me with, photography and writing. Writing has always helped me in my life to cope with life's trials, so to be able to use it to tell the stories of God's work here in Moldova will be amazing.
The first American group has also arrived. It's a group of 5 from Arizona, and they will be with us at the camp helping out. I look forward to getting to know them and seeing how God uses them with the kids.
Well a decision that wasn't 100% has finally be made. I will be staying for the entire year for sure now. After getting here and being her only 2 weeks I know that this is the direction God wants to take my life. I was already preparing it before I even left America so that helped me make the final decision. Starting next week Olga (who works for the seminary and goes to KBC) will be going with me and helping me with all the steps to getting a living permit. There is a lot of steps to the process and a lot of waiting so we must start it now before my 90 days on my passport is up. I know that God will guide the process and will make it happen. I'm so excited and it has finally become real to me that Moldova will be my home for the next year.
Well that is all for now and considering it's 3:30 in the morning and we are leaving at 9:00 I should probably try to get some sleep, which means Claudette who is currently next to me in my bed asleep and snoring is going to have to move! But when I get back from camp on Saturday I know I will have plenty of stories to share and probably a few pictures. If any of you have access to Facebook there are lots of pics on there as well as videos.
Feel free to leave emails while I am gone this week bethany.a.campbell@gmail.com
Much Love and God Bless,
Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment